Call for Nominations for the NAMEC Board of Directors
Please note: The deadline for submission is November 9, 2018
This is a call for nominations to fill open seats on the NAMEC Board of Directors:
- 4 Director positions (two for 1-year terms and two for 3-year terms)
Candidates should indicate whether they are running for a 1-year term or a 3-year term in their nomination submission.
Duties of Directors
- Candidates must be willing to, at minimum, attend 1 face-to face board meeting per year (usually held during the Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions Annual Conference), participate on Board conference calls (approximately monthly) and participate with standing and ad hoc committees as requested by the President
- Candidates must be willing to Chair standing and ad hoc committees as requested by the President
- Candidates should also be willing to serve as an officer of the organization (officers are elected by the membership from the members of the Board)
Qualifications of Nominees
- Those nominated should be employed by a NAMEC member organization in good standing and have at least 3 years experience in the CME industry
- All nominees should possess leadership ability, a high degree of personal and professional integrity, and the ability to recruit members to the organization and volunteers to support our activities
- In addition, the organization encourages individuals with one or more of the following characteristics, which have been identified as critical skills/qualifications for Board members:
Ø Familiarity with changes in healthcare and medical education, particularly the role of CME in improving the quality and safety of patient care
Ø CME regulatory expertise
Ø Experience related to MEC public relations and/or advocacy
Ø Strong skills in business, marketing, and/or communications
Ø Knowledge of adult education principles
Terms of Office
- Directors are selected by vote of the membership and will serve either a 1-year or 3-year term; candidates should indicate whether they are running for a 1-year term or a 3-year term in their nomination submission.
Nomination and Election Process
- To be eligible for nomination, candidates must be members of organizations that meet the definition of “full voting”
- Any representative of a “full voting” organization may make a nomination, including a self-nomination
- Candidates must submit the following information to the NAMEC Business Office, info@NAMEC-assn.org by November 9, 2018:
Ø A biographical sketch of no more than 350 words
Ø A “statement of philosophy” pertinent to the goals and mission of the organization of no more than 350 words
Ø A picture to include on the ballot
- The Nomination and Elections Committee will review the submissions, prepare the slate of candidates, and email a ballot to the “primary” member of each “full voting” organization. All ballots (1 from each member organization) must be cast on or before December 14, 2018
- The results of the election will be announced at the Annual NAMEC Meeting, to be held in January, 2018 during the ACEHP Annual Meeting
You should expect an email acknowledging receipt of your submission from the NAMEC business office. If you do not get an acknowledgement, please call 205-824-7612 to ensure your submission is received.
NAMEC Board of Directors’ and Officers’ Code of Ethics
NAMEC board members have an obligation to do more than just meet legal standards. NAMEC board members are expected to meet standards of conduct as well. All board members must agree to uphold the NAMEC Board of Directors Code of Ethics statement upon election to the Board.
NAMEC Board of Directors’ and Officers’ Code of Ethics statement
As a member of the NAMEC Board of Directors I will:
- Ensure that my fiduciary duty to NAMEC is the foundation for all of my actions as a Board member
- Represent the interests of all members served by NAMEC
- Refrain from using my service on the NAMEC Board primarily for my own personal advantage
- Keep confidential any information so designated by the Board of Directors
- Approach all Board issues with an open mind, listen respectfully to the opinions of my Board colleagues, and make decisions based on the best interests of NAMEC and its members
- Act with the authority of NAMEC only when such authority is delegated to me by the Board or the bylaws
- Sign or e-mail an agreement attesting to this policy
All interested candidates should forward their biographical sketch, statement of philosophy, and photograph to the NAMEC Business Office by November 9, 2018.
If you have questions regarding the nominations process or the duties of Officers and Directors, please contact Audrie Tornow at email@example.com or Kurt Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.